This is the million dollar question that everyone has on their lips in W.A
As the title of your property can affect your right of use, it is important to understand the differences of each type of subdivision and which category your property falls into in the R-Codes.
Subdividing in Western Australia for the typical home owner will fall under 1 of 2 main types of subdivision; Survey Strata Subdivision (or) Green Title Subdivision.
The first and most important question to be answered is “Can I Subdivide My Land…”
The answer to this question will come down to a variety of things;
- What is my area zoning (R-Code)?
- Do I have the required land area in the new lots I wish to create?
- Have I got the right frontage for a side by side subdivision?
- Have I got the right clearance between the house and fence for a rear lot subdivision?
- Have I considered the total costs of property subdivision?
Most people are completely unaware of the many stages in the subdivision process and the costs that come with dealing with these stages! Our goal is to teach you the process, so you can gain experience in Land Development.